Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bullett Points

Tricia is starting to look pregnant and says she feels normal again. First Trimester was brutal on her.

The Comedy Show at the Paramount this Sunday is going to be a blast. Get your tickets at www.gettix.net

Ready for a break, last show is December 19th. End of year party is at Logans on 6 Street. Join us. We will be drunk and we will be disorderly

Looks like I am not going to Hawaii in Jan. Oh well, it isn't going to sink.

Looks like I am going on a Black Buck Hunt at the Shonto Ranch in December.

Going to a friends Ranch this weekend. Spending a weekend in the sticks (very nice sticks) is always good for the soul.

Everything is back to normal at the house after the fireplace/shop van fiasco. Thanks to Rick, Jaun and Jess at Sear Carpet and Air Duct cleaning. They are the best

Christmas Tree and decorations are up, I will post a photo later. Oh, we put Frost up in the front yard too. The kids in the neighborhood love it.

I am fighting off a cold. It happens to me every year, I'll have to see Dr. John soon.

Bumper has been gone just over a month, still hard to believe he isn't coming home. Bums me out.

Heard a rumor that a competing morning show host has a large unpaid gambling debt that may cause some problems. Again, just a rumor.

I like to gamble. I am not proud to admit it, but I had a bookie when I was 13 years old.

I am buying life insurance, wow, never thougth that would happen.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Sandy, I've been an on and off again listener since Dallas years. I've been listening to you guys a lot lately. I know this sounds silly but I am proud of you. :) Congrats to you and Tricia... Keep up the good work on the show.

sisal said...

Black Cuck??!!!

WTH is a black cuck?

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandy,

OK, this is very long, but I felt the need to write after being a loyal listiner for 10 years. This story is about how my dog keeps me alive.

I just read about losing Bumper on your blog today. I must have missed the day he left for doggie heaven. I just had my 4th major shoulder repair on 10/21. I found out the wonderful life you've worked so hard for can change in an instant.I've spent the last eight years as a never ending patient going from a hard earned 20year career as a well paid sales exec,making a very good living,participating in tons of voulenteer work,having wonderful friends,traveling,etc. My life was more that I expected. Then a series of major accidents and illnesses began. I met every challenge with a good attidute and a decision that I would never let the current event ruin my life.Everyone could not belive how strong I was and what a survivor mentality I had everytime. Twelve debilating surguries later, never ending PT and seeking every type of non-traditional treatment I could find, I still live in chronic pain, will never have full use of both shoulders and arms and after the 2000 huge spinal fusion I had with with 2 rods bolted to my spine, I have never ending unbearable low back pain. My wonderful Chiropractor, Gary Seghi, well known cyclist said the other day, "Annie, of all the patients I have, none is a stronger survior than you." I replied "honestly the quality of my live has finally dwindiled to 0 along with my hopeful positive attitude.This was not something I ever expected.Gary,the main thing that keeps me going now is that my dogs need me."

I was always so deeply touched by your total love for Bumper. I always teared up when you said that losing him would be the worst day of your life and you'd need to take take time off work. Naturally, the guys made fun of you! I totally understood and admired your honesty about the debth of your love for Bumper. It speeks volumes about the kind of man you are.

On a personal level, I have a big yellow lab,Cody who is 12.6 years old.I can't image my life with out him.I have Jessie, a yellow lab who still thinks she's 6. Currently, there is no one in my life who could support me with losing those dogs. Cody is healthy now, everyday I "order him to stay aive!" A fellow dog lover once said to me, "face it Anne, no matter how long they live,it's never long enough".I'm glad you have a wonderful wife and a baby on the way.Though grieving the lose of Bumper will take however long it takes.People could learn so much from dogs,the true givers of unconditional love. Thank you for sharing so much over the years about Bumper, your wife and upcoming parenthood.

I moved here from Philadelphia 14 years ago,talk about culture shock(or trauma) the JB & Sandy show contines to help me feel more connected to Austin and the community. Thank you for all the fun, Bike for Kids and on going efforts to distinguish yourselves as the BEST show in Austin. The level of honesty you and JB share by opening your personal lives with your listeners and seeking out the funny stories about so many geunine silly,stupid,crazy people and situations always makes me laugh and start my day on a positive note. Thank you for your obvious never ending hard effort to provide the best show possible and continued commintemt to the Austin community.

Anne L. Budroni

Blog Archive


Peeps


Sexy, Huh?