Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wedding Plans

So, in case you missed, Tricia and I are getting married in April. So far the plans are going well, we have the church and we have the reception um place. I hate the word hall, it reminds me of a VFW Hall or a Knights of Columbus Hall, a hall always has a dead animal hanging somewhere, outr "hall" does not. So I have come to terms with the cost of the reception. But have you seen the price of a photographer? Unreal! You can't touch anything for less than $2000 for four hours. Is that insane or what? Then the album you buy is a minimum $1000, absolutely moronic. I will let you know when I come to terms with this.

S

5 comments:

Wencked said...

Amen Brother...isn't it crazy!?!?!
I had decided I wanted to own all the copies on digital format and that really limited my options when we were getting married. I wanted the copies because I didn't want to have to pay $8 for a 4x6 to send to Grama June at Christmas...ya know.

DVJ Mama said...

Hey Sandy -
I feel your pain! However, my first wedding I made the mistake of hiring a "cheaper" photographer and man those pix sucked. I regretted it forever. When I got remarried last summer, we put more $ into a good photographer and we were thrilled with the pix. fwiw, to offset the cost we just did MP3 player for reception music and everyone loved it!!! Put all our favorite tunes, it was a blast.

babyG said...

sounds like fun !

EmilyShaw said...

Hi Sandy - Congrats on the engagement. I just got married on June 2. It is so much fun. Wanted to tell you about the wonderful photographer we had. He charged less than $2,000 and stayed from about 4:00 pm to past midnight and then he gave us all of our pictures on a disc at no extra charge. He is wonderful and has a great eye. His name is Chris Carson and his website is www.chriscarson.com

Hope this helps and have fun!

Jojo said...

Ok, did I hear on the radio this morning that Tricia is pregnant?
jojo

Blog Archive


Peeps


Sexy, Huh?